Sunday, May 04, 2008

Things that make me smile :)

A smile on my ma’s face – I seriously believe that she is God’s special gift to me.

When pa falls asleep while reading his books – it is seriously cute.

Whenever any of my friends is smitten and in love – they are so happy and are ever-smiling like complete idiots.

Whenever I crack a really bad PJ and my friends go - "Oh Gawwwwwwwddddd!" :)

Seeing people talking busily into their cell phones – smiling – they seem so happy – makes me feel good.

Receiving hand-written letters – something so warm and personal about them – way better than any e-mail or gift.

Sipping buttermilk on a hot summer afternoon – actually anytime of the day – any day in the year.

Whenever my favorite song plays on the radio – when I least expect it.

Whenever I ride a cycle – seriously makes me feel like am back in school :)

Kids in my lane running after the ice cream van every evening – it’s chaos.

When I listen to the temple bells ringing in the distance every morning while I am waiting for my bus – makes me love God all the more :)

The garden in my neighbour’s house – she really loves her plants and flowers – it’s so sweet :)

The two kittens – hidden away behind that pile of sand opposite my house – they always keep peeping out – like naughty kids :)

The Mercedes parked 3 blocks away from my house – what a car! I want to own one someday :)

The stars in the sky which I see every night before I fall asleep.

Evening walks with ma on Sunday evenings.

Kids singing old-forgotten nursery rhymes in the day care center in my lane – every Saturday morning – I look forward to Saturday mornings only to listen to rhymes :)

The bus ride every morning from my house to office – I feel it’s the best time of the day – I love those rides.

Any mail from friends in my inbox

Serendipity, Notting Hill, Lagaan & Hum Tum – these movies make me smile – EVERYTIME.

Idli & sambar – I can die eating that combination :)

Oh ya – I almost forgot - shopping – coz lets face it – am just another girl after all :)

3 comments:

niki said...

-Idli & sambar – I can die eating that combination :)
@dolly- see you in hell!!!

-nothing academic excites you!!!..or say a bullish market??

Sunil Varma said...

Supercool post! I never knew u believed in God..Thought u were an atheist! Apun jaise log, zindagi ki choti choti cheezon mein hi khushi paathay hain..its very unfortunate that so many people cannot appreciate small things and crib even when things are so perfect!

Dolly Dwivedi said...

@Niki: I hope u die! :P

@Sunil: Trying to find reasons 2 laugh right now - bahut saare wajah hai yaaron :)