Sunday, June 28, 2009

I love...


...living in Hanover. I went for a morning walk today - sheer beauty surrounded me. I wish I had a camera to capture all of it - but some times a photo can't do justice to what the eye beholds. Cozy little houses - creepers on the walls of some - a mail box surrounded with pansies of all possible colors in front of another - wonder what's the story behind each house - how old each one is. Exotic flowers - I don't even know the names of most of them - roses - tulips - so many colors - subtle - bright - it was all there.

Music from my iPod accompanied me as I was lost in the beauty around me - and then it happened. A deer was watching me as I walked along - a thought struck me - I decided to give my idea a shot - I started walking towards the deer - it did not move - graceful - beautiful creature - soft eyes - tame - mild - subdued - in a pensive mood maybe - just at peace. I kept walking towards it - it just kept looking at me - an inquizitive look - wondering what I was upto. I reached out my hand and stroked it's head - it did not move away - just kept nibbling at the grass - I was thrilled beyond words - I touched a deer today - how many people get to say that - hardly a few :)

No comments: