Sunday, April 06, 2008

Love u pa


What I remember - those early morning walks - smelling the flowers - click of cameras - those bedtime stories - those fixed Saturday afternoon lunches – spending hours choosing your spectacle frames - waiting for long hours at the dentist with those same old jokes being retold a million times - the same old laughing over those cliched jokes - your smile the first time I ever wore spectacles in my life and cried :) - you narrating the tales from Ramayana and Mahabharata to me more than a million times - our shared love for animals – our cooking lunches and dinners together sometimes - you laughing your heart out every time I was pissed off because we were not on time - you laughing every time I screamed seeing a lizard - you asking me to explain concepts like phase and amplitude - your emails to me while I was away from home for 4 years - your one-minute calls to ask me if I needed anything back at the hostel - the smile on your face when I got back home every 4 months - our plans to surprise ma - your concern every time I got delayed at work – you smiled when I smiled – you cried when I cried – you never told me how to live my life – you just let me watch you live yours – thanks pa.

6 comments:

Meeta Jain said...

Too Good Dolly...:-)

Prashant Kulli said...

Loved reading it but - felt you have great memories - I can't recollect more than few. Sometimes God is just not fair to someone for some reason.

Dolly Dwivedi said...

When we think of some times or some people in our life, we should not end up with tears in our eyes but a smile on our faces - u r lucky to have atleast a few memories - cherish them n smile whenever u recollect them :)

Prashant Kulli said...

I am not in tears Dolla .. I do exactly what you said .. Its just that things come out instantaneously sometime!

Dolly Dwivedi said...

Hmm - I know.

Pallavi said...

Sweeet one Dolz! I miss my Dad!!! So glad I am going to see him soon! :D
Also did you mean "saturday" lunches or sunday lunches???We had a six day work week didnt we???