Friday, January 19, 2007

One of a kind

She was not my type - nor was I her type. We were poles apart. I could not be friends with her. She was the cool kid. I was the big nerd. She was the best dancer I knew. I had two left feet. She was caring and crazy and weird - in her own, sweet way. I do not know when we became the best of friends. She was my companion when we had to sit through the boring classes. She made me believe in the theory - the more unhygenic the food, the tastier it gets. She laughed the hardest at the most pathetic jokes of mine. She was with me all through school. Then, she stepped aside for a while - no proper goodbyes - no hugs - no tears. I missed her - sometimes. Her thought made me smile, thinking of all the fun we've had.

She made a comeback - in style. She slapped me - got away with it - only to get a slap right back. We did not meet for quite a while. We met again - thank God for that. Today, things are not the same - they are only better. She loves to listen to music while driving - I hate it. She loves to bargain - I hate it. She loves Subway burger - I hate it. We are different. We are same. We are crazy. We are sane. We are fun. We are dullards. She is truly one of a kind - a gem of a person. She is a friend for life - some one who can be counted on - any time - any day. I am sure I can never come across a person who is as sensible, as crazy and as chilled out as her - all at the same time.

Only the birthdays of some very special people can lift off my writer's block, which has been there for quite some time now - she is one of those people. Happy birthday Sannjit - to sweet memories - to good times ahead - to smiles - to friendship.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Sanjit hope u read this-------Happy Bday...may the Lord bless you with all that you asked for.....Pls send Karachi Biscuits :-)...TC

Broken said...

well happy b'day Sannjit....hope u read this because its the best gift u can recive from her... :)