Thursday, May 17, 2007

La Vita E Bella

"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."
~Leon Trotsky




Giosué Orefice: "No Jews or Dogs Allowed." Why do all the shops say, "No Jews Allowed"?


Guido: Oh, that. "Not Allowed" signs are the latest trend! The other day, I was in a shop with my friend the kangaroo, but their sign said, "No Kangaroos Allowed," and I said to my friend, "Well, what can I do? They don't allow kangaroos."


Giosué Orefice: Why doesn't our shop have a "Not Allowed" sign?


Guido: Well, tomorrow, we'll put one up. We won't let in anything we don't like. What don't you like?


Giosué Orefice: Spiders.


Guido: Good. I don't like Visigoths. Tomorrow, we'll get sign: "No Spiders or Visigoths Allowed."

No comments: