Monday, May 07, 2007

Of reunions and goodbyes

The last week just fleeted by. Amidst all the work and studying, I managed to squeeze in Jack Welch, Suketu Mehta and J K Rowling – a chapter each - got irritated with the power cuts – the killing Hyderabad heat – the long ride back home - Hrithik’s short hair - lizards which keeping falling off the walls of my house.

Weekend was chilled out. It was a journey back in time. Met two friends from college after a real long time – L and P. L has been a good friend always. He and I have never been swell friends – we have not kept in touch – we do not talk on a daily basis and our work definitely does not have much in common – but then – sense does not prevail when we meet up – thats the most fun part of it all - it was the same yet again – thankfully.

P was ever the same – the cute little charming kid – only now with an increased fan following – both here and overseas. She was just the same. We both also now don’t have many common things to talk about – we don’t keep in touch for days on end – but there is always this comfortable sense that we are there for each other in whatever way possible. Guess that’s what the real essence of friendship is all about anyways. Wished her good bye yesterday. I don’t like goodbyes. They make me retrospect many things – relive many moments – make me sad mostly. P, L and I might keep in touch in future – might not keep in touch – but then with some friends you can pick up things just where you left thm - you dont ever owe an explanation - you just know that they will understand. P and L are two such friends. Till we meet again guys – God bless and good luck.

As for me – back to making Premji richer – increase my work-ex numbers and watch and gape at Spidey – long week ahead. But then I know it will be a fleeting one – just like the previous long weeks of mine.

8 comments:

Sunil Varma said...

What is this L and P....Humare naama likh sakthi naaa....

Dolly Dwivedi said...

@Sunil: Thats my style dude :P :D :D

Sunil Varma said...

Styleaaa.... P is ok...i can understand...What the heck is L...S would have more sense...

Dolly Dwivedi said...

@Sunil: I have another friend whom I call S in my blogs FYI :)

Shaan said...

Sorry for butting in the comment conversation thread

@Dolly

Does this mean you have only 26 friends as a whole? Or would you refer to them as AA, AB, AC ....? :D :P

Dolly Dwivedi said...

@Sunil: That friend is a school friend of mine n she does not like her name used in blogs - n u dont worry - I m not giving you free footage on my blog ever!

@Shaan: Bad joke!

Shaan said...

@Dolls

Bad sense of humour :P

Pallavi said...

Yay Dolz!! am Touched!!! sniff sniff... Me hates Goodbyes too..But Yeah.. we can always catch up from where we left off. yayyyyy again!!!
@Sunil: Mr L...lolzz