Friday, May 04, 2007

Out in the open

The best advice I ever got in life was from Ross Geller in a F.R.I.E.N.D.S. episode. He said – never keep anything in your heart. Speak things out. Never keep the ifs, buts and what ifs around you. When you speak things out, you get a clear perspective – a third person’s viewpoint. When you hear yourself saying things out – you realize whether your reasons behind the whole issue are truly logical or just something immature and kiddish.

I did it once – apprehensively – skeptically – cynically – hopefully. I was not disappointed. I realised Ross did make sense. It hurt at first – a lot at that. But then, sometimes, band-aid is not the solution – you just have to let your wounds breathe and hope that they will eventually heal.

2 comments:

Shaan said...

WELL SAID!!

Pari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.