Saturday, February 10, 2007

Off the map

Don't listen to what they say. Go see.

I shed my inhibitions. My fears. I travelled light.

The world is a book, those who do not travel read only one page.

I traded my stock options for a Lonely Planet.
My cell phone for a compass.
My briefcase for a backpack.
I took off.

Who lives sees much. Who travels sees more.

I wandered in the company of tourists, travellers and a guitar as old as me.
I learned that people are good. Strangers are fascinating.
And that every journey reveals another.

Look at the stars lighting up the sky: no one of them stays in the same place.

I have lost track of time. And perhaps, my job - my apartment - my fiance.
But I have my compass and I know it's pointing me in the right direction.

Go forth on your path, as it exists only through your walking.

*A beautifully written passage by some one for whom travel is a metaphysical project - a dream - a meditation - a sermon*

No comments: