Thursday, May 01, 2008

Note to self

Yesterday was a roller coaster of emotions. I vaguely remember the last time I felt so many emotions at once – that day was not a happy day – yesterday was not a happy day either – it was a mind-numbing experience. I just mechanically walked through the day – oblivious to the happenings around me. However, today is different – it’s a new day. Have you ever heard your thoughts speak to you – in complete silence. They speak to you – always – telling you the right thing to do – I decided to listen – now I know the right thing to do – smile – laugh – through the pain – through the tears. I know I will be fine – maybe not immediately – but over time – sometime – some day – in some way – because no matter what happens, life is always beautiful – always giving you a million reasons to smile – it’s always your personal choice to choose happiness over misery – and I have chosen happiness. Also, no pain in life that a good, old plate of dosa and chutney cant cure – so three cheers to therapeutic South Indian food, to good times, to friends and to life :)

4 comments:

niki said...

@dolly- I have these days more often than you I guess :),days where emotions behave like a roller coaster as you described and yes trust me laughter is the best medicine. Another suggestion is if you cant smile make others laugh their butt out, there is nothing more pleasing than see your friends smile. It has always worked for me!!!!..keep SMILING its important
--->and if you unnecessarily remind me of good Dosas you will land up in hell..hell yaeah!!

Anonymous said...

@Niki: Dream n die - think about dosa, idli, sambar, chutney, vada, rava idli, vengai baath n wot not - die die die :P :D So sad u dotn get good Indian food out thr in US - my sympathies with ya :P

Sunil Varma said...

Abey...nice post!! There's always more to life than we think... Tension nahi lene kaa...bas dene kaa... naariyal paani peenay kaa.. dimaagh thanda rakhnay kaa ;)

Anonymous said...

Arey thanks sirjee! Naariyal paani - kya miya - abhi Gatorade aur red bull aur cocktails ke zamane tumi naariyal paani bolre :P Hehehe jokes apart, thanks 4 the comment dude :)