Wednesday, July 23, 2008

You ask

Questions – sometimes I have no answers to some of them. Such questions have been coming my way of late - from various people - which have taken me aback for a while – left me wondering.

Describe yourself in one word
I don't know – I would say I am stupid. I make mistakes and DO NOT learn from them. I repeat them - again and again. I am here writing about the fact that I repeat my mistakes and I am sure that I will still not learn and repeat some of my mistakes - so yea, stupid is the word.

Am I beautiful/ugly
What does one say when some one asks you such a question? All I can say is that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Beauty means different things to different people – it might be looks for some – intellect for some one else – sense of humour for yet another – so beauty can be perceived in a number of ways. Each person is beautiful in their own special way. You need to love yourself for what you are – whether some one thinks you are beautiful or not – frankly – how does it matter to you in any way?

How can you leave your parents and just run away to US – being a single child?
I admit I have been feeling pangs of guilt thinking about it – the fact that I am in some way ditching my parents’ big time and just leaving them alone here and running away. But on second thoughts, I would like to believe in my parents – believe the fact that they are strong, independent and smart people who can very well take care of themselves – I would not like to perceive them as weak, old, emotionally drained people. So yea, am sure they will be just fine even in my absence.

Why do your blogs and your emails read so different?
Frankly, I am not sure I understood the question right but my first reaction was – laughter. I don’t know – was it hinting at plagiarism – or double standards – or what – but I was laughing – big time. Well – my blog is what I think – I write what I think – simple. I don’t know if what I write is heavy serious stuff or total nonsense – but I write when something touches me or when I want to remember a particular incident or feeling. My emails – well – I talk – a lot at times – nothing at times – am moody – am unpredictable – like so many others. So when I write emails, I talk – and you don’t talk serious stuff and mind your P’s and Q’s in an email I guess – at least I don’t :)

Will you ever come back to India?
Of course – you can take the Indian out of India, but you can’t take the India out of an Indian – that’s so true. I will definitely be back – but if asked for a time frame – I will just count the spiders on the wall across me.

What will you miss the most about India as a country?
I have never been away from India so I have never got a chance to miss it. I might have an answer to that once I am away from India. But I will miss the people here more than any particular thing I think.

Define love.
Wonder why people think I might have an interesting answer to this question just because I read few books and write some stuff! Well, I once tried to define it here – but ended up nowhere . It remains a mystery to me – and I like it that way I guess. But yea, love changes you forever – for better or worse – that varies from person to person. Usually, love is always your strength – never your weakness. Any love which makes you weak is not love – its an addiction - a need. So, my definition of love is that - love is strength.

Why don’t you like Bottles&Chimney?
Am stumped! Yea, its true - I don’t like the place - all my friends love it - I don't - it’s a fact. I have my reasons - very logical and solid ones, but they are better left unsaid – so there.

Can you be friends with some one you love/loved?
Honestly, depends on how selfless your love can be – and its totally upto an individual – so there is no one-word answer for this. Ask me this question – I’d say yes – but from what I have been hearing, I realise that different people think differently about this subject.

5 comments:

Deepthi said...

Amazing blog! Simply Dolls as she is :D

Anonymous said...

Thenk u Deeps :)

Anonymous said...

I once read in a book.."To love is to Value".
Till date gone good for me whenever I have to understand this abstract word.
Kunal

Anonymous said...

Why do your blogs and your emails read so different?

I wonder if I would've still asked that if I came across the blog for the first time today...

Dolly Dwivedi said...

@Albin: I wanna know the answer to that one too :)