Saturday, October 07, 2006

The clock is ticking away...

Chanced upon this real weird site (thanks to a friend with a very morbid taste indeed!)- this one! It tells me that I will be gone from this planet in 2087. Okie, quick math – that gives me 80 years (approx) in which am required to squeeze in every element that defines life and makes it seem worthwhile to me – dreams, friends, love, fun, happiness, success, satisfaction, memories, knowledge, wisdom, ambition (to name a few and not necessarily in the same order!). Well, given the fact that most of my hours awake are spent executing the same, mundane routine, I can definitely vouch for one thing – life, on my terms, has not started yet!

80 years – phew! When do I get started on those ever-elusive guitar lessons? When do I try and coax out some beautiful tunes from that piano? When do I listen to Beethoven, Puccini and Mozart over and over and over? When do I get the time to visit and admire all those wonderful masterpieces of colours and creativity of Van Gogh, Monet, Kahlo, O'Keeffe, Da Vinci et al, spread across different museums throughout the globe? When do I get to soak in the experience of all those exotic places on this planet, which I have only heard of, read about and seen through someone else’s eyes, words and perceptions? When do I get the time to explore those nooks and corners of those awesome cities and small, forgotten towns, well hidden from the tourists? When do those busy cities and sleepy towns reveal their age-old secrets to me? When do I learn skiing and skating? When do I get to wake up in the morning on a houseboat, in the middle of nowhere, with only the faint whispers of water to keep me company, while I am in a trance? When do I get to read all those books which I have been dying to read and watch all those movies I have been wanting to see?

Friday night - 11:45. Worrying about the deadline due in the next 96 hours. So much for 80 years. Damn.

2 comments:

niki said...

hmm there is a simple thing consider coming to the usa..study here get a job work here n make loads of money...and see ur dreams unfold..its not as complicated as u think it is...

Dolly Dwivedi said...

Thanx 4 the great idea. I will think about it indeed! (pun intended!) BTW NIk, whr r my guitar lessons???? :-/