Thursday, April 05, 2007

Long forgotten..

Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened into the rose-garden. ~ T.S. Eliot

Memory – I wish I had a selective one. Sadly, it will only remain only that – a wish. We all carry a small ache somewhere in our heart - which makes us happy and sad alongside. About some long forgotten events – long lost people – old times. You start living in the present and conveniently forget about them. But then, who has been able to escape the past? A wise man once said – “ You can’t explore your future without fully acknowledging your past”. True – I just thought I could be an exception to that rule – but guess am not.

Well, was reminded of something today after a real long time. The message brought a smile to my face and a old, forgotten thought to my mind. There are a few people in everyone’s life, to whom you just react with a “what could have been if?”. I just came across one such person of my life, today, after a long time. Memory – a child walking along the seashore – you can never tell what small pebble the child will pick up and store away among its treasured things. Had a rendevous with one such treasured memory after a long time. But that’s what they will always remain – memories.

No comments: