Thursday, April 05, 2007

Not ready to make nice

Forgive, sounds good.
Forget, I'm not sure I could.
They say time heals everything,
But I'm still waiting

In life, sometimes, the most difficult thing is to forgive and forget. There are times when people are mean to you – when people just want to hurt you – people try to break you – people ridicule you – people cheat you. What do you do? Forgive? Forget? Is it as simple as it sounds? Is it really possible to forgive and forget?

I'm through, with doubt,
There's nothing left for me to figure out,
I've paid a price, and I'll keep paying

Trust – the most underestimated word. Doubt – the most damaging word. Over time, I have come to realize, that, any relationship first and foremost, needs trust, for love to even breathe anywhere near it. I used to think that love led to trust. Experience made me realize that in life, the order is reverse.

I'm not ready to make nice,
I'm not ready to back down,
I'm still mad as hell
And I don't have time
To go round and round and round

Is it very bad to be selfish and think about yourself once in a while? When you just want to be mean? When you don’t want to think about the right and wrong? When you don’t want to know the other side of the story? Is it necessary to always to put others before self forever?

It's too late to make it right
I probably wouldn't if I could
Cause I'm mad as hell
Can't bring myself to do what it is
You think I should

Is it never late to give some one a second chance? Is it fine that you don’t want to give some things a second try? When you are just tired of everything around you so much that you just need a break and want to be by yourself? Is it okay that infinite number of sorries don’t seem to make any difference to the damage done? Is it okay that you still pretend to assume everything is fine and take each day as it comes?

I know you said
Why can't you just get over it,
It turned my whole world around
and I kind of like it

Is it okay that, some times, some action of some one, some where, changes your entire perception about things, perhaps forever? Is it okay when you want to hold a grudge forever? Is it fine to move on, in life, from here – being a little low on the trust factor? Is it fine to leave some tales in life with no endings?

2 comments:

Confessions of an ordinary mind said...

I can definitely relate to this post.. although I am finally ready to make nice. I have forgiven.. but I will not forget. I do think it is okay that someone, somewhere, changes your entire perception about things... even if it is forever. That's what life is about, experiences and perception. There are times when second chances are warranted, and there are also times when second chances aren't even an option... Trust and doubt can go hand in hand. Betrayal increases the doubt and just about eliminates all trust that there may have been. It is easy for me to forgive.. it's not so easy to forget. Thank you for sharing.

Ira Mishra said...

Well written yaar.I don't know which one is easier to forgive or forget.I think forgiving is easier than forgetting but then if u really forgive u will forget also.Both go hand in hand I guess.But whatever it is whether u forgive ,forget or give a second chance or not ur perception definitely changes and things don't remain the same.