Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Office politics

Sometimes 100 percent is not enough. Sometimes months of slogging are not enough. Sometimes 12 hours of non-stop work is not enough. Sometimes ignoring hard work is the easiest thing to do. Sometimes no matter what you do, you can never exceed expectations. Work is tough at times. Times when you fight back tears and continue to answer a non-stop series of mindless questions. Times when you are made the scapegoat. Times when you are the object of scorn and sarcasm for no reason. Times when you don’t find a reason to go back and face the next day at work. Times when you just want to scream out at the top of your voice. Times when for once you just want to be a loser, turn your back and run away.

At those times, what motivates you to return to your cubicle the next day? Continue with the same stuff? Listen to the same gossip? Read similar forwards? Have the same old over-dulcified coffee? How do you motivate yourself? How often do you remind yourself – "It’s not personal"? How do you "cut off" once you leave the office? How do you avoid the hangover? My dream – my goal - my motivation – my strength – my reason to smile - my raison d’ĂȘtre. They say - when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. Meanwhile, I stick my heel in and continue with my work - after all, its true – 100 percent is never enough.

5 comments:

Dolly Dwivedi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Life is always like that. A near solution,probably, would be to quit when u find the right environment. Thats what most of us, atleast i, do.

Dolly Dwivedi said...

@Anonymous: Yeah, thats true. The point is there are days when you feel work sucks and there are days when you feel good about your work. The thing is to keep elarning and to keep growing. Never stagnate in life.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dolls I guess its : "When the going gets tough, the tough GET going" !!! This was brought to my notice a few days back :)

Dolly Dwivedi said...

@Deeps: yeah, ur right. I checked. But, I picked those lines from a song by Boyzone. They sure do sing "the tough gets going" :)