Sunday, December 24, 2006

Who am I?

Am I unique? Born in a hospital, just like the others. Cried for hours together as a baby, just like the others. Went to the school, just like the others. Made friends, just like the others. Cried my tears – shared a lot of laughs - just like the others. Got bored in classes - just like the others. Idealized a few teachers - just like the others. Studied way into the night before exams - just like the others. Enjoyed teenage years - just like the others. Have a favorite actor - just like the others. Have a favorite book - just like the others. Learn my lessons - just like the others. Dream about my future - just like the others. Wish to live life on my terms - just like the others.

Am I just another face in the crowd? What makes me special? What makes me stand out? My face – everyone has the same two eyes, two ears, and one nose. My thoughts – all think of similar things sometime or the other during their lives – success, ambition, family, charity, religion – that does not help distinguish. My emotions – every one has felt love, hatred, jealous, compassion and greed at some point during their life – that is not a differentiating factor. My goals – everyone dreams of success, fame, money, goodwill – again, not much help from this front either, to severalise myself.

How do I define myself? What is my identity? Who is Dolly Dwivedi? What is her USP as an individual? What makes her special and irreplaceable? I am yet to find out the answer to that question. Meanwhile, I’d like to ask you – what do you think is your USP as a person?

1 comment:

Broken said...

i ll give u an identity...lean mean machine who keeps on writin the best blogs which no ones knows how to do it.....achtung babes