Monday, September 04, 2006

It's a small world after all...

My pa always complains that our generation does not ever really bother to learn how to live in a society. Though, I always have my standard argument ready (“It’s only ur imagination pa!!!), secretly, I am forced to agree with him..how many of us bother 2 say a hello 2 our neighbours..how many of us know who our immediate nighbours are…how many of us know the people who sit in the cabins next to us in the office… we are just very much happy and satisfied with our own cozy comfort zone which we gift ourselves and just learn to fit into the whole big picture sooner or later, learning to be indifferent to the bigger things happening all around us…switching off from the big picture while being an integral part of it…

Well, today is one of those countless depressing Monday mornings at the office. But today is different from other days. Today, I realized that this particular tendency of ours, which am so often regretful about, has its own positives. My bus went by a different route today for a change. Usually, it goes along such a bumpy route that it makes you want to cry..but, today, along the other route, the roads were smooth and for the first time, I slept peacefully till we reached office and that made me happy!!!! True, there are several things which are not going exactly the way I want them to – there are lots more deadlines to meet, a 24 hour day is just not enough given the kind of multi-tasking am up to these days, a friend of mine, K, is not really feeling good about life and that has got me upset as well, but today, at that moment, those things did not really bother me nor did they matter!!! All that mattered was I had a good drive to the office in the morning.

For once, I am thankful that I’m adept in the art of being short sighted occasionally :)

2 comments:

Broken said...

welll it seems dollz havent changed much in her life.... its all the same ..... the same old drama the same old tears and the same old hankie to wipe it off... well i think the influnces r makin a huge effort to change her life ... but wht to do dollz is dollz

Dolly Dwivedi said...

Jus one question, what are you talking about, Chandy?