Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sounds of silence...

People talking without speaking..
People hearing without listening..
People writing songs that voices never share..
And no one dared..
Disturb the sound of silence..


Silence could be the solution as well as, the reason behind many of life’s issues. With some people, even small talks seem like a waste of time, while, with others, silence seems to be the only language.

Hello darkness, my old friend..
I've come to talk with you again..


There are times when you feel like talking to someone, but there is no one around to hear you out! You end up talking to yourself on those occasions. You are the performer, you are the audience, you are the critic – it’s all about you, which, surprisingly enough, can be boring after a while!

But my words, like silent raindrops fell..
And echoed in the wells of silence..


Then, there are also times when you find someone, with whom you never run of topics to converse, debate and agree about, but then, you somewhere down the line, realise that they were never actually listening to you all this while, never bothering to comprehend what you had to say - you are not sure about the right emotion to feel - gives you the feel of being in a phantasmagoric trance.

I turned my collar to the cold and damp..
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light..
That split the night..
And touched the sound of silence....

That’s when I prefer the sound of my silence. And I, sometimes, get so used to it, that the next time I hear myself, I have a hard time recognising my own voice.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

its true ... its a nice feeelin when it is silnce arnd you... actually i like this silence arnd me.... it gives u the time to think and pull out something out of ur bag which u havent dared to do when u wr in a company.... as u be in that situation u ll like it more...

Deepthi said...

I agree... 100% !!! Sometimes u understand urself better that anyone else in this world...n maybe at the end of the tunnel, you discover urself, the that talent which u were never aware of :) ...

niki said...

Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresisttable pasttime
I took a heavenly ride through one silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

I took a heavenly ride trough our silence
I knew the waiting had begin
And headed straight... into the shining sun.........Floyd

Yes its so true whn u give urself time(all alone ) and look bck at the past u feel so stupid....but as they say things change for the good....and yeah its very true to find someone who listens to to u rather than one who just hears u...so at times like these u got to belive ur instinct and kill the past n come back to life....

Dolly Dwivedi said...

@Chandy: I dont think its agood thing to give yourself too much time with yourself. Just one perspective on life is never enough-even if it's ur perspective..think abt it :)

@Deeps: One of the good things abt life is that v never cease 2 surprise ourselves...thats one of the beauties of life!

@Niki: Well, I dont agree with u, but from where u c things in life, maybe ur right. When u feel that things are not working out for good, its better to kill the past n move on 2 better people n things. Sometimes, some people and events r not worth the thoughts and the wait..they r better best forgotten. Wish I was adept at that skill! Life would b much more simpler eh! :)

Anonymous said...

Well said!!....whatever, above all even the closest of people and the best of friends just don't seem to give u enough strength and solace when u need it...others anyways most of the times don't bother(leaving out a few exceptional circumstances) and it is then that silence gives you the strength if not solace to face things...At the end its always you who can help urself the best...

Dolly Dwivedi said...

@Ellora: True. Never depend on anyone else for anything..the byproduct of expectation is more foten than not, disappointment.